Friday, April 6, 2012

35/35

I'll do my official weekly update on Sunday like always because it's habit...but I just wanted to point out that today is my 35/35 day!

In the world of pregnancy, this is a special day because I am 35 weeks...which officially means that I have 35 days left until my due date! Things are starting to get more and more real around here! Josh and I moved all of our baby shower presents upstairs and last night he assembled our pack n play and rock n play! I am so glad that he is such a handy man because putting things like that together just makes me angry. Once he got everything in place, he stepped back and looked at the crib in our living room for a little bit, then just said, "...weird." :) I think that about sums up how we both feel about the fact that in about a month, we are going to have a child to bring home and put in that crib.

Josh and I have been together for so long...just the two of us and our dog that it is going to be pretty strange to add another member to our little family. Amazing, but strange. If I have any fear about having this baby it is not about labor or anything like that...it's just the fact that I'm going to be bringing a baby home in about 35 days. A baby! It's exciting and terrifying all at once.

In addition to getting the big stuff put together, I laid out all the baby stuff we own last night to do a sort of inventory and see what we have and what we still need. Looking at all the teeny baby socks and pale blue outfits just made me realize not only is this a baby...this is a boy...MY boy! Today I've been doing tiny little loads of tiny little laundry and laughing at myself for lovingly caressing all these tiny clothes and imagining the little person that will be wearing them very shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment