Sunday, December 18, 2011

19 Weeks!

Phew. This has been a long week. Between this cold that will not go away and keeps relapsing over and over and all the Christmas Crazy-ness going on right now, I was so ready for the weekend. It honestly felt like the weekend did not even exist though. I still have quite a bit of Christmas shopping and baking to do and I just don't WANNA! Hmph. I am convinced that all this Christmas shopping is why I am still sick. People are gross. Even though I carry hand sanitizer with me, I still can't get rid of all the germs. Yuck.

Anyway, complaining aside there were some fun moments this week. At work on Saturday, the shirt I was wearing was really emphasizing the bump. I got my first two stranger comments one right after the other. The first was a regular customer of mine. She had been giving me the side-eye for a couple of weeks but was too nice to say anything in case I was just getting chubby. Then on Saturday she finally said, "you can totally smack me if I am wrong...but you're expecting right??" I just laughed and told her yes. She was so relieved. She said I was carrying all out front in the belly so she thought so. The next one was an older gentleman who I'd never seen before. I was just giving him his change when he nonchalantly asked, "when's your baby due?" I have to admit I was a little shocked that I got two comments in one day. I made some joke about how I must really look pregnant because he was the second person to comment and he told me that he used to be an Army doctor and that he had delivered over 8,000 babies in his career. He was such a sweetheart. He told me congratulations and said I looked like I was doing well and then he told me "there is absolutely nothing more joyful in the world than having a baby." He is so right. What a sweet man he was. He even wished me a Merry Christmas before he left.

Josh and I had his company Christmas party on Saturday night. I really was not feeling well but I was glad I went. A co-worker of Josh's has a wife that is also pregnant and it was nice to be able to commiserate with her about all the yuckies. I did get a fair share of people touching my belly even though it is still pretty little. Thankfully, I am not really a squeamish person about physical boundaries so the touching doesn't bother me. It kind of makes me smile that other people are excited for me and our baby. My mom loves to touch my belly and I like it too! She is so ready to feel little Peanut moving around in there.

My bump is definitely noticeable now (obviously) but it thankfully has shifted down a little bit so I can at least breathe now. It seems peanut is resting right around my belly button which is a lot more comfortable than all up in my ribcage! Here's a picture:


Please ignore the lame hand on the hip pose...it was the only way not to block the way the bump sticks straight out!

19 Week Bump Update:
How far along:  19 weeks!
How big is baby: The size of a mango! Six inches from head to rump...and growing by the day. My belly doesn't seem big enough to hold something that big inside it but it is amazing to think about.
Total weight gain: Last time I checked around 4 pounds. We have a doctor's appointment this week and doctor's office scales are always a lot meaner (aka: more accurate, lol) so we shall see.
Sleep: The comfort level has been better this week. I have not been having all the abdominal aches and pains when I roll over but the pregnancy insomnia is going strong. I have no real reason for it, I just cannot fall asleep.
Best moment of the week: Getting my first stranger comments for sure. Makes me smile. :)  
Food cravings:  Still on my salad kick. That's all I've been wanting and I've had salad twice this week. Both times they were yummy loaded salads full of olives, mushrooms, avocado and other good stuff. Mm. I want another one! Also, water. I just want to drink it all day long....it tastes so good to me right now. Can't complain about that!
Food aversions:  My sister made the mistake of talking about spaghetti-os which made me want to vomit. Also, my family eats a traditional sauerkraut meal on Christmas Eve and the thought of the smell of that is not too appealing to me either.
Symptoms:  This week, mostly cold symptoms! I feel awful. The nasal issues have moved down into my lungs now so hopefully it's on it's way out. Otherwise, some headaches, tiredness, leg cramps and abdominal fullness.
Movement:  Still just feeling the typical flutters. I am sad that there's been no big bumps yet but I know it is only a matter of time.
Gender:  I just don't know anymore...but I don't have to wait too much longer!
What I’m looking forward to:  My birthday! Not only do we get to find out the sex, but Josh and I have big plans to create a fun little announcement to use to tell our families.
What I miss: Margaritas. We had mexican food the other day and a frozen salty margarita just sounds amazing right now.
Next apt:  Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment