Thursday, September 22, 2011

7 Weeks and Hitting the Wall

Oh My LORD.

By far, my number one pregnancy symptom at the moment is just sheer and utter exhaustion. I don't quite understand it either. I am taking my prenatal vitamin religiously which is packed full of nutrients I normally do not get. I have been eating so much more healthy than I normally do because thankfully, I have been craving things like yogurt, cucumbers and celery. So with all these added vitamins and better food, you would think I would feel fantastic...but I don't.

What I feel like is that I got hit by a bus. Today, I woke up at 6:30 am because I had to pee so bad. Then I snuggled back under the covers until my alarm went off at 8:00, and I woke up just now. At 12:46 pm! I slept through my alarm (which goes off multiple times) and completely missed my classes today. That really sucks for me, because I had a test in one of them...and the professor does not allow you to make them up. Thankfully, he will drop your lowest test score at the end of the semester. I do believe this will be my lowest. Ugh!

I've been going to bed by ten every night, sleeping straight through until ten every morning (if I don't have school or work) and then I am ready for another nap by about three in the afternoon. I ask you, is this normal?! This cannot be normal...but yet everything I have ever read about early pregnancy says it is. Bleh.

Another thing I have been experiencing lately is extreme emotions. Mostly the crying variety. Went to a movie with my mom over the weekend, and we were the last ones out of the theater because I was a blubbering mess trying to control myself. A 30 second preview of a film about a horse had me doing the whole gasping back sobs thing. And don't even get me started on any beautiful music that might come across my ears. I have always been sensitive to music, but right now? The goosebumps emerge and tears start streaking down my face before I even know what happened. Hello, I'm the crazy pregnant woman!

Peeing continues to be the biggest pain of all time. In said movie, I had to be the annoying girl flip flopping down the stairs 3 times in a 2 hour movie. This surely was not helped by the fact that I have been literally dying of thirst lately. It's a great thing, but I have been drinking like a gallon of water every day. And my prenatals are turning my urine into this totally  gross Mountain Dew color of greenish yellow. Awesome.

Right now, I am beginning to wonder if part of my exhaustion and the funky headache taking over my life lately has a little to do with the fact that I have cut out caffeine completely! For me, that is a big deal. Huge. I have to have caffeine to function. And I completely cut it out. I don't regret it because I want what is best for my baby, but man I am feeling like I am floating through life on a little cloud. Completely oblivious most of the time. Despite the fact that I have cut caffeine, my body has been craving Coke. And so my darling husband came home with a 12 pack of caffeine free Coke for me the other day. It was so delicious...but somehow not the same. And he laughs at me because I call them "pimp cans" because the caffeine free variety is in a gaudy gold and red can. I'm weird, I know.

In general, besides all the extensive shit I just whined about up there, I alternate between feeling starving or feeling utterly nauseous like I never want to eat ever again. When I am feeling hungry, my current obsession? Cereal. With almond milk because I do not do well with regular milk. Honey Nut Cheerios and Honey Bunches of Oats are my poison of choice. Yum.

I just woke up and I am already dreading the rest of my day. I hope I can make it through without collapsing. I think the key to survival is going to be a big big smoothie from Jamba Juice which is the only thing that even sounds a little appetizing right now, despite the fact that it is only barely 60 degrees outside today. Whew. Here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment