Sunday, January 15, 2012

23 Weeks!

All of a sudden, I feel like I have been pregnant forever. I know that is silly but getting to the twenties was a big deal and now I can see no light at the end of the tunnel. Its crazy how much my frame of mind keeps changing back and forth. One big surprise I got this week was learning that I am SIX MONTHS PREGNANT. Uhm, what? I thought for sure I had a ways to go but according to this website (http://www.baby2see.com/pregnancylength.html), I am in the midst of my 6th month already. Whoa.

I've been getting more and more stranger comments. People are just downright gutsy. I've had a few just come out and ask me if it is a boy or a girl. I think (in my own evil way) that it would be hilarious to just act like I did not know what they were talking about. Can you imagine if I just acted appalled and like I was not actually pregnant? Hah! I really want to do it but I'm not brave enough. Call me crazy, but body types are so hard to read that I would never comment on a woman being pregnant unless she was in active labor. I think people just completely lose their filters around pregnant women. I have been pretty shocked by the things complete strangers (or even distant family members of Josh's that I don't know very well) will just blurt out or think is appropriate conversation topics. Here's a few of my favorites:

*How much weight have you gained?
Uhm...excuse me?! When is is EVER okay to ask a woman about her weight gain? Really?!

*Are you going to breastfeed?
Ahem...what I do with my boobs is none of your concern, thank you.


*
Will you circumsize your son? (And the various judgy, ridiculously stupid reasons they think I need to know about why I should not sexually mutilate my child. Uhm. Yeah.)
This is one I could really get on a soap box about but really, all I should need to say is that my child's private parts do not concern you in any way...so asking me about it is completely inappropriate. Not to mention, my beliefs are different than yours and I really don't need your laundry list of why circumcision is just wrong. AHHH!

I know it sounds unbelievable but I have literally been confronted about these things multiple times by the most random people. And it is so obnoxious. Another of my biggest pet peeves is when people act like they are the greatest parents in the world/they know everything about parenting because they had their baby last year. Really? I'm glad you're learning what you need to learn and that you like being a parent...but I promise, no two babies are the same and I'm not exactly taking notes on your parenting "skills." Ugh. Hi, pregnancy hormones! Nice to see you.

Here's my bump that everyone likes to comment on nowadays:


A Little blurry, but whatever!


23 Week Bump Update:
How far along:  23 weeks!
How big is baby: Still about the size of a papaya...just mostly getting some chub on those bones finally. I think we're going through a growth spurt because this last week I have been starving for the first time in this pregnancy.
Total weight gain: We'll see on Tuesday, but I'm guessing around 7 pounds. Yay!
Sleep: Still hearing every little thing. Getting comfy is also getting harder. I am definitely relegated to sleeping on my sides now, but my back has started hurting anyway. I may have to cave and start sleeping with a pillow between my knees.
Best moment of the week: The Broncos losing to the Patriots. :) But only because I am mean and they beat my team last week.
Food cravings:  Sour candy still and anything fruity. Orange soda. Rainbow sherbert. Watermelon.
Food aversions:  Coffee (the smell) for sure is the newest and worst. Still really not feeling meat at all. I start eating it and basically have to gag it down.
Symptoms:  Lots of heartburn and acid reflux...yuck! I had my first really gross/embarrassing pregnancy moment this week when I realized I might have a hemorrhoid. AH! I definitely have RLS (restless leg syndrome) anyway but pregnancy is making it so.much.worse. I am driving poor Josh nuts at night because I have to rub my feet together rhythmically forever before my legs stop feeling heavy, sore and weird so I can fall asleep.
Movement: Remember when I couldn't wait to feel one kick per day? This child never stops moving! Seriously, at any time of day if I sit still and pay attention, I can feel him flipping, kicking and squirming around in there. It is the most amazing, surreal thing ever.
Gender:  BOY!!!!
What I’m looking forward to: Week 24...which is the week most doctors consider a pregnancy viable. Basically, if our Peanut was born at week 24, he would have at least a 50 percent chance of survival. With medicine the way it is nowadays, it is probably a pretty good chance. I would definitely like him to keep cooking for awhile longer but it's still good to know.
What I miss: People not believing they can say whatever they want to me. It is honestly obnoxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment