Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pregnant Girl Problems

My May Mommies and I have started kind of an inside joke where we share random things that happen to us and then throw on the hash tag #pregnantgirlproblems. For those that don't know, hash tags are used on twitter and facebook to indicate the main "theme" of your post pretty much. It's just silly. But I literally go through my every day life rolling my eyes at things and adding it to the ever growing list of Pregnant Girl Problems in my head.

This post is inspired by one of those very problems. It is 1:16 a.m and I am wide awake. I wasn't wide awake an hour ago. In fact, for the first time in weeks, my head hit the pillow and I was fast asleep. Then about fifteen minutes ago, I was woken up by my stomach growling so loudly that it scared me! I was starving! I had to actually get out of bed and I went to the kitchen to make my new obsession: Peanut butter, banana and honey sandwiches. Now, I am completely awake. That, my friends, is what we call a #pregnantgirlproblem or a #pgp. :)

Here are some of my other personal faves:

1. When your shirts that previously showed no cleavage are absolutely obscene without a camisole underneath.

2. When every time you sneeze, you have to cross your legs to stop yourself from peeing your pants.

3. When even water gives you heartburn.

4. When you haven't shaved your legs in weeks because it is impossible to bend in the proper way to reach around your huge belly.

5. When hearing a random song on the radio somehow relates to your baby and you start bawling on your way to work.

6. When the only thing you really crave is from a restaurant that closed 5 years ago. And your attempts to create it at home are such fails that you want to cry.

7. When you spend 10 minutes looking frantically for the sunglasses that are on top of your head or your keys that you left hanging in the door.

8. When you find yourself doing super corny things you swore you would never do when you got pregnant like holding your belly and talking to your unborn child.

9. When you swear you can smell the drain as you are brushing your teeth. (Josh literally thinks I am insane for this one by the way).

10. When you have to rock back and forth to build enough momentum to roll out of bed.

There are plenty more where those came from, but those are my favorites at the moment. Being pregnant really is an odd time...full of hilarious mishaps and things I'm positive I'll look back on and laugh at later. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment