Monday, March 19, 2012

Your WHAT hurts?

That would be the question poor Josh just asked me as I tearily told him about my newest pregnancy woe. You see, I am having some uncommon pain at the moment.

I woke up this morning perfectly fine. I got through this day perfectly fine, including 6 hours on my feet before and during work. And then...I was no longer perfectly fine. It came on pretty suddenly. I'd been feeling Peanut squirming and wriggling all over the place throughout the day. They were new movements for sure: more rolling and sliding in nature than the bumps and thumps I usually feel. I figured maybe he was turning over?

As I was closing the store to leave work, I noticed an extreme pressure pretty low down in my abdomen. I thought to myself, "hmm that feels weird. Peanut must be sitting really low in there." It was not painful really, just like a heavy feeling. Then, I had to pee really bad out of nowhere. So I did. Then 5 minutes later, I had to pee really bad again...like I hadn't just went. Again, I thought to myself, "Peanut must be down low putting pressure on my bladder."

I drove to my mom's house to get Charlie and sat and visited with her for awhile. I noticed that when I walked, I was waddling a little bit. This just enforced that Peanut was really down low in my pelvis, but I was not too concerned. Until I walked up the stairs to my apartment.

Just the simple act of walking up stairs made something shift in there and my ahem...pubic bone...literally feels like it is being ripped in half. Everything around it feels badly bruised and sore all of a sudden and the pain is beginning to radiate down the inside of my legs. Long story short, it really feels like I got kicked really hard...in the crotch. Trying to explain this to Josh was a little awkward and I feel bad because he doesn't know what to do. I did laugh a little when he asked if I wanted ice. Do I? I don't quite know yet...do I want to ice my crotch??

For now, I took two extra strength Tylenol and as long as I sit "indian style" it feels okay, but the second I try to move, or heaven forbid take a step it feels like I am being ripped in half. After some googling (always a bad idea) it seems like it might be just normal ligament pain from the baby stretching things out...I'll be calling my doctor in the morning that's for sure. Ah, pregnancy...

No comments:

Post a Comment