Sunday, February 5, 2012

26 Weeks!

Oops! I almost completely forgot about my weekly update today! I guess that's what happens when you combine pregnancy brain (which is totally a real thing) and the Super Bowl. Josh and I have been so busy cleaning, reorganizing, pitching and rearranging our little apartment for baby. I guess the nesting thing really is real too!

We have pretty much deep cleaned this place and let me tell you...it needed it. We went one room at a time, pulled literally everything out, spread it in front of us and went through it. We threw away a LOT, we bagged up even more and are on our 3rd Goodwill run tomorrow. It feels so good to just get rid of the clutter and make our space work again. Our place has basically been a huge mess for months because we had no place to put anything...it just became a jumbled mess of cleverly hidden things. We actually forgot about most the stuff we found. It is amazing how much stuff you accumulate over the years.

I already feel like I can breathe a little easier. We vacuumed places that have never seen a vacuum (and our little dog sheds terribly...no wonder my allergies have been so awful!), we scrubbed baseboards, we cleaned spots out of carpet, we finally hung artwork and frames that were purchased/given to us a YEAR ago! We basically started over. We pulled everything out then put it back in a way that works. My vacuum no longer has to sit out; it has a place in the hall closet. My bathroom cabinet is no longer a graveyard for old shampoo and loose q-tips. We bought little storage containers for everything and my OCD inner self has never been happier. This needed to be done. And I am so glad we could work together all weekend to make that happen.

My bump picture is going to have to wait until tomorrow because I have not been out of my jammies all day. Between all this cleaning and the big game, I saw no need to get ready today. We even ordered Chinese food for dinner so I didn't have to mess up our squeaky clean kitchen!

Okay I stopped slacking and actually got dressed. Here's the bump!


Peanut has been super active this week...definitely more so than any other time in this pregnancy. I read that babies are most active between weeks 27 and 30 because they are developing their fine motor skills and they still have room in there to squirm about all they want. I don't know if it is because of my anterior placenta or what, but I have yet to feel any movement above my belly button. Its always at my belly button or lower...sometimes really low! Unless I am asleep, I usually feel Peanut probably 20 times an hour...so near constant movement. For a few days, I almost freaked out because it was really never ending! I obviously have a very active little boy in there!

Since I am finally over the 10 pound gained mark, I have noticed a distinct difference in my comfort level. My feet ache after standing and walking for a long time. My back hurts. My legs get tired easily. It's amazing what a difference 10 pounds can make on your body!

26 Week Bump Update:
How far along: 
26 weeks! 98 days left to go!
How big is baby: About the size of a head of lettuce this week. Probably around 13-14 inches and anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5 pounds! One of my May Mommies actually had her baby yesterday at 26 weeks, 1 day. Her little girl is so tiny but she looks great...like a real baby! That was mind blowing to me to see those pictures and know that I have something like that growing inside of me.
Weight Gain: Hovering right at about 11 pounds. Maybe 12 by now ;) I am not eating more than usual, but it seems that every day I wake up, my belly is just a little bit bigger.
Sleep: Still struggling with insomnia, I am sure I will til the end. I am actually kind of glad for it because it means I cannot sleep in...so I have no choice but to be up and active early in the day.
Best moment of the week: Just getting to spend a few extra days with Joshy this weekend. I sometimes forget that even though we've been together so long, we still have every bit of the spark we used to have and I just love him SO much. It is nice to be reminded of how wonderful he is in those little moments just between us that sometimes are too few and far between.
Food cravings:  Still LOVING Capri Suns...Pacific Cooler to be exact. Turkey sandwiches: white wonder bread, mayonnaise, lettuce, salt, pepper and turkey breast (not lunch meat...actual carved meat.) Yum!
Food aversions:  Any other meat besides turkey breast. Seriously. Hamburger? gag. Chicken? gag. Pork chops? gaggggggg. If I don't have to cook it, I'm okay but something about the smell of it raw/just starting to cook makes me so ill.
Symptoms:  Achy, tired feet and legs after standing/walking a lot. Some return of breast tenderness. Crankiness at stupid things. Dry skin!
Movement: Going nuts in there...see above!
What I’m looking forward to: Capturing Peanut's movement on camera. I can see him all the time, but it's hard to time it and catch it on camera. One day I will get that little bugger.
What I miss: Not feeling like I have to pee every five seconds. Sleeping in. Not being hungry at random/odd times (like 3 in the morning! I haven't actually gotten up to eat anything yet, but I've wanted to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment