Sunday, February 19, 2012

28 Weeks!

Phew! We had a whirlwind of a weekend and I am so tired! We mostly just spent the whole weekend with Josh's family for various get togethers, which is always so nice. I always wanted a big family and I definitely married into one. It's fun seeing all the relatives who don't come around much, I got lots of belly rubs and pats this weekend.

Today was also a special day for Josh and I because it is the day we started dating 6 years ago. Although our relationship was a rocky, immature one at first, it quickly grew into a deeper kind of love than I ever knew existed. It's hard to believe we were only teenagers at the time (I was 18, he was 17) and how much has changed since then. It is amazing to think of all the things that happen and all the figurative stars that had to align for us to even end up in the same place at the same time. We were meant to be together...I can't explain it, but I can feel it. There is a Ben Folds song that makes me cry every time because it is really the closest I can ever get to explaining how amazing this feels. My favorite part of the song says,

I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns
The stumbles and falls brought me here
And where was I before the day that I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday...and I know that I am the luckiest.

He is honestly everything to me. The love that I feel for him is just unparalleled. Sometimes I think of the future and how devastated I would be if anything ever happened to him. He is the best man I have ever known. And he loves me the way every woman deserves to be loved. I cannot wait to see him become a father.

Here's my beach ball belly at 28 weeks:

Bump Update:
How far along:  28 Weeks! 84 days to go!

How big is baby: Basically the same size still (14 inches and around 2.5 pounds) but just putting on layers of chub at this point!
Weight Gain: 14 pounds at my last appointment. Finally on track and doing well with that.
Sleep: Ugh. I MISS sleep! I have developed the infamous pregnancy insomnia. I just cannot sleep...even if I am dead tired and perfectly comfortable. It is so frustrating.
Best moment of the week: Spending a little extra time with family has been nice and much needed lately. Remembering all of the crazy things that have happened to Josh and I in our 6 years together was also fun.  Food cravings:  Lucky Charms. :) Baby likes them too!
Symptoms:  Soreness under my ribs, insomnia, heartburn, exhaustion.
Movement: Kicking away in there. There is no rhyme or reason to his movement. He pretty much just moves whenever and however he wants!
What I’m looking forward to: Our childbirth classes this weekend. I have a feeling everything will get much more REAL after that. So far, I've been able to live in denial that this baby doesn't actually have to come out. Eek!
What I miss: Mostly just sleep. And still missing being able to see/paint my toes. That's not gonna change for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment