Sunday, February 12, 2012

27 Weeks/Third Trimester!

Oh.my.goodness. How is it possible that we are in the homestretch already? It seems like just yesterday I was obsessively peeing on sticks and looking for that second pink line. Now, here we are with only 13 short weeks to go and I am really in disbelief. I know at times I have said this pregnancy is dragging...but in the grand scheme of things, it has just flown by!

It has been a rough week for me physically. The whole passing out/dizzy episode followed by just not feeling well for the rest of the week. Now it seems that my first trimester exhaustion and nausea have made their very unwelcome return. My body just seems angry all the time right now. I noticed today actually that anytime I eat/drink something really sugary my heart feels like it is pounding out of my chest for awhile afterwards. Uhm, that can't be good. I looked it up and it seems to be hypoglycemia (aka low blood sugar). I've thought I've had this problem often in my life but it just seems to make sense right now. Remember in the ER when my blood glucose was only a 90 about half an hour after eating? (Anything below 70 is dangerously low and 130 is too high). The symptoms include: fast or pounding heartbeat, headache, dizziness, weakness and can cause fainting. Hmm... I still haven't heard anything about my glucose tolerance test but I'll definitely be bringing this up with my doctor this week. And until then, not eating/drinking anything too sugary because it is an awful feeling. The heart pounding makes me feel out of breath and panicky. It sucks!

I am also having trouble breathing in general. This baby tends to change positions greatly depending on the day. Just a few days ago, he was settled in so low I could feel him putting pressure on my cervix. Now, he is up so high that my lungs cannot fully expand and my ribs are sore! Make up your mind, kid! Getting comfortable at night is also becoming a lost cause. I have to sleep with a pillow supporting the weight of my belly or else my back starts hurting really bad. My neck continues to be sore because of these weird sleeping positions. It's just not a comfy time for me!

I believe I experienced my first Braxton Hicks contractions this week too. I was just standing in the kitchen and all of a sudden it felt like my whole belly was getting tight, especially around my belly button. It didn't hurt, but it was not exactly a comfortable sensation. It lasted a few seconds then went away. Then it happened a couple more times in the next few hours. I drank lots of water and laid down and they went away. Strange!

I also realized I can no longer see my feet when I'm standing! My bump doesn't seem *that* huge yet, but it's clearly in my way...and my feet are little. Maybe I can use that as an excuse? Here's my view looking down:


Here's another fun picture of my big baby bump...it's a weird angle so I look like a bobble-head, but I kinda like it!


Finally, here's my weekly update. Big belly! I can never remember which way I stood before...so I flipped this one!

27 Week Bump Update:
How far along: 
27 Weeks! 91 Days to go!
How big is baby: Supposedly the size of a cauliflower. (is that how you spell that...?) Around 14 inches and 2 pounds. And I can feel it!
Weight Gain: I'd bet I'm still around 11/12 pounds. I haven't been feeling well so I haven't been eating a lot at all. The belly sure is growing though! It makes me feel better that whatever the baby needs, he just takes from me. I'm happy to provide.
Sleep: I miss this thing you call sleep. I wish I could just take a solid 48 hours and pass out. I am always completely and totally exhausted.
Best moment of the week: Scheduling our childbirth classes was one good thing in a week of yuck, so we'll go with that.I also got some baby nesting done. I bought little canvas totes and baskets to hold all of his things on an empty bookshelf. That's really all I'll need to buy until after the baby shower and then we can re-assess what we need. I also got a little crafty and decided to make a little decoration for the shelf. I did the first letter of baby's name with a wooden letter, some scrapbook paper and paint. So I guess here's a hint on his name (most of you that read this already know it!)

Food cravings:  Capri Suns still. Orange juice. Anything banana-ish. Banana cream pie has been a big craving lately.
Symptoms:  Sore spots on my belly where I believe little Peanut has a foot or elbow lodged. It's just a bruised, tender feeling in a small little area. If I press on it, it goes away for awhile but then he goes right back to whatever he was doing. Everything I talked about earlier: exhaustion, nausea, headaches, trouble breathing...
Movement: Still a little wiggler. His movements are starting to get stronger too...some kicks take my breath away!
What I’m looking forward to: My doctor's appointment and figuring out what the heck is wrong with me lately (probably nothing besides being pregnant...lol). I will start going every two weeks instead of every four now...talk about a wake up call!
What I miss: Days without nausea. Getting up without having to grunt like an old man! Seeing my feet...and well, anything below my belly button for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment