Sunday, February 26, 2012

29 Weeks!

Finally! An uneventful week in life and pregnancy. Nothing too crazy or spectacular happened to us this week, and it was so nice to just feel normal for a minute. My biggest concern right now is what we are going to do with our monster-dog when the baby gets here.

Around Josh and me, Charlie is a wonderful dog. He is fun, playful, gentle and acts completely normal. Throw anyone else into the mix and his personality changes entirely. He has gotten used to my close family so he is fine around them but any "stranger" to him comes around and he becomes The Devil. He is not fixed which is our number one problem. We definitely plan on doing that before the baby comes. I am just worried because he's already 2...we probably waited too long for neutering to have any real effect on his actions. He is a "heeler" by breed so he does this annoying thing where he creeps around like a little stalker and then suddenly nips at people's clothing. I've seen him get skin more than once, but I don't think he really aims to injure.

I've had dogs my whole life and never had to deal with these type of issues before. He's just odd. I think mostly, he is very territorial of me especially (but also my mom). When Josh is around, he still does these things but not as much. I just do NOT want my baby being the target of Charlie-nip-attacks. I would never get rid of a pet but it does scare me to think that we don't have control over him the way we want: he jumps, he's wild, he nips...ugh.

As far as everything else, I've actually felt much better this week. Taking the iron supplements hasn't been as hard on my digestive system as everyone led me to believe. My doctor told me to take it in the morning with a glass of orange juice and it seems that is keeping things on track. The extra iron has gotten rid of my exhaustion and dizziness and thankfully no more fainting spells have occurred. I always get proud of myself when I can get through an entire shower without feeling like I'm going to pass out.

Peanut has been kicking away in there. He is strong! Some of his movements jerk my entire stomach to the side...that is a crazy feeling! I also felt baby hiccups for the first time this week...talk about a strange sensation. It feels just like when I get hiccups: rhythmic, jerky motions every couple seconds except its in my belly way down below my belly button. I think Peanut has finally shifted head down for a couple reasons. The first being where I felt those hiccups. Also because I swear sometimes he gets a foot lodged in my ribs...it feels like an extreme runners cramp. I was told to ice my ribs when that happens and he should squirm away. It works! Last night I did it and not only did he move, but he started kicking at the ice. I guess my little guy doesn't like the cold!

Here's my 29 Week belly:

I do believe the basketball belly is here to stay. They say you carry boys all up front and I'd have to agree...my belly sticks straight out!

Bump Update:
How far along:  29 Weeks! 77 days to go!!

How big is baby: Supposedly the size of an acorn squash, but who really knows what that is? I hate squash! Baby is probably about 16 inches long and in between 2.5 and 3.5 pounds right now! Getting so big!
Weight Gain: 14 pounds as of 28 weeks. I'm sure I'm probably up about 15 right now though.
Sleep: Huh? What's sleep? This belly is getting heavy, and getting comfy is a thing of the past. I now pee like clockwork at 3:00 am and 6:00 am, sometimes I get extra special nights where I'm also up at 1:00am. I would drink less before bed but I'm always so thirsty. It's probably just the name of the game at this point.
Best moment of the week: Baby hiccups! It was funny to feel them and try to imagine what my poor baby must be thinking in there...hiccups are weird! I'm sure he was going, "what the heck is going on?" They lasted about an hour too! Josh felt them too but they kind of freaked him out. They were pretty jerky and intense.
Food cravings:  Lucky Charms :) And baby loves them too! He always gets super kicky after I eat some. I had my sushi craving again this week and Josh took me out on Friday night for yummy California rolls. Mmm.
Food aversions:  Pepperoni! The thought of it on pizza makes me want to vomit...it's sooooo greasy and disgusting. UGH!
Symptoms:  Rib pain when Peanut gets a foot stuck, some Braxton Hicks contractions if I try to walk too fast for too long (annoying!), Charley horses in my feet at night and some new not fun hip pain... but otherwise feeling pretty good this week!
Movement: I've noticed a distinct pattern for the little guy's movements. In the morning when I wake up I can feel him kicking away and right after I eat breakfast. Then he's usually pretty still all day long until after dinner when he starts his dance party for the evening. And it usually does last all evening. I still feel him when I lay down to go to sleep.
What I’m looking forward to: Next week's appointment and talking to my doctor about a growth ultrasound. I don't think I get anymore ultrasounds for the rest of the pregnancy, but I wish I could know how big my baby is and if he's doing okay in there.
What I miss: I have a feeling this question is always going to relate to my toes from here on out. I had a snaggy toe nail the other day and trying to cut my toe nails was quite possibly the hardest thing I've ever done!

No comments:

Post a Comment