Thursday, February 16, 2012

28 Week Appointment

This appointment was really no different than every other one leading up to it. I met with the final doctor in the practice and ended up liking her the best of them all. She's younger and very sweet. It's good to know I'll be comfortable with whatever doctor is on call the day Peanut decides to make his appearance.

I am up 14 pounds at almost 28 weeks so that puts me right on track. If I gain a pound a week from now until the end that will make me 26 pounds total...and I'm thinking I'll be closer to 30 but I'm okay with that. I'm eating well and being active enough, my body will just gain what it wants to at this point.

My blood pressure was great at 110/70 which was a relief after it was a little higher in the E.R last week (maybe because I was in the E.R? Haha) The doctor did say I had an elevated white blood cell count in my urine but no symptoms of a urinary tract infection or bladder infection so she was not too worried about it. I don't really know what's up with that?

We listened in on Peanut and it took her awhile to find him. She spent some time prodding and massaging my belly and making lots of surprised faces. Then she told me the little bugger is laying transverse across my belly. His head is in my right hip and his feet are in my left hip. I really don't know how he fits like that, but it would explain the bruised feeling I had the other day as he probably got wedged in there for a little while. She says it's nothing to worry about because he still has plenty of time to move and he's probably trying to make his way into the head down position. His little heart rate (found right around my right hip) was up in the 150s again so his heart is nice and strong.

The most surreal part of all this is now I'll start going to the doctor every 2 weeks rather than every 4. I already have another appointment on March 1st! It's going so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment