Thursday, October 27, 2011

10 Weeks!

I had all these grand schemes for having Josh take these cute posed belly shots of me from now on...and then we tried it. He stood up, snapped 3 quick pictures without even thinking about how my face was in shadow or how my hair was parting funny. I looked at them, asked him to take a couple more and like any man, he told me they were fine. So, basically I need to invest in a tripod. Because these shots in the bathroom mirror just aren't cutting it anymore.

Here is my 10 week shot:



I have been feeling okay the last week. I am still gagging like no other but only when I let myself get hungry. I actually have a little of an appetite now, which is so nice. I forgot how food that is not mac and cheese and mashed potatoes taste! My little bump continues to just stick out. I have no clue what is causing it, or where it is coming from but it seems like there is no turning back now!

Bump Update:
How Far Along?  10 weeks! (well, 10 weeks 2 days technically)
Maternity Clothes? I'm still rocking the maternity jeans even though they are too big still. They are much comfier.
Weight Gain? I was just weighed today at the doctor and I am only up 1/2 a pound. I am ecstatic about that! My ob-gyn recommended that I gain 5 lbs in the first trimester. With only 3 weeks left to go, I am doing great on that front.
Stretch Marks? Besides the plethora of them I already had on my thighs, no.
Sleep? I have not been as tired this week as all the previous weeks. It has been so nice. I am not sleeping great because my back has started hurting, but I cannot really complain.
Best Moment of the Week? I will write a seperate post about this, but hearing our little peanut's heartbeat for the first time today!
Movement? None yet. :)
Gender?  We have done multiple silly "gender tests" online and so far the consensus is equally boy/girl. So no help there! I still have this hunch that it's a boy though.
What I miss? Being able to suck in my tummy flat. That will not happen for awhile!
Symptoms: More gagging, but less nausea. That makes no sense to me. Headaches. Strong sense of smell. Higher level of annoyance with everything...haha. Sciatic pain!
Weekly Wisdom:  When sneezing, don't flinch or clinch your muscles! The tweaked nerve pain is much more painful than a few seconds of round ligament pain.
Milestones: Hearing the heartbeat! Making it to double digits of this pregnancy! So so exciting.
Emotions:  Still getting irritated about irrational crap...which is annoying. I still cry at silly things, but most of all I keep having these "life changing" moments when I just sit here and think, "wow. I'm going to be a mommy soon!!!" I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes I forget...and when I have these moments, it is just unreal. Every single time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment