Wednesday, October 19, 2011

9 Weeks!

As usual, I am posting a day late. I never can seem to be on the ball of taking the picture, editing it and blogging all in the same day.

I was very excited to get to this week. 9 weeks symbolizes our entrance into the third (and final!) month of the first trimester. And believe me, I am ready to kiss the first tri bye bye. We are not the greatest of friends. It also is the week that the little "peanut" inside of me becomes a fetus. Although I hate that word and to me he/she has always been a baby. My baby book tells me that this week our little one is the size of a medium green olive or a grape. That's amazing to me since just a few short weeks ago, peanut was the size of a poppyseed! I also found it quite amusing that my uterus is now the size of a grapefruit...and I can feel every inch of it. My whole lower abdomen just feels swollen.

I actually got my first comment the other day about how I might just have a baby belly. It was from my mom and although she probably knows I just want to hear that it still made me smile. I have officially busted out a pair of Gap maternity jeans with a low belly panel and they are the most glorious things I have ever had on my body. I told my mom I am never going back to regular pants! Because of the stretchy, soft waistband they feel like jammies but they look really cute!

 I think it is pretty clear that week 8 was the week of the wicked bloat and it has calmed down a lot since then. That's probably due to the fact that I have been able to go to the bathroom lately. I feel like the bump has rounded out a lot towards my lower tummy. Yes, there is still some bloat but there is also a hard little knot down there and I'm pretty sure that's the beginnings of a true baby bump.



If there's one thing this little photo journey has taught me, its that I need to clean my bathroom mirror more often. :)

Here is a weekly "survey" that I am going to try to do from now on just to be a little more organized.

How Far Along?  9 weeks!
Maternity Clothes? Jeans yes.  I own a lot of flowy loose shirts anyways so I probably won't buy any specifically maternity tops until I have to.
Weight Gain?I am finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Meaning that I have not gained anything really. I lost a couple pounds from being so sick but now I'm back to normal.
Stretch Marks? Not yet..and I pray not for a long time!
Sleep? blah. I have been sleeping horribly the past couple nights. Between tossing and turning because my bed hurts my back, my dear sweet husband snoring non stop and getting up to pee every hour I am just exhausted. *yawn*
Best Moment of the Week? Reaching 9 weeks in general. It makes me happy to think that I am in my third month of pregnancy!
Movement? Nope. But I cannot WAIT for the day I get to feel something.
Gender?  Still up in the air at this point. Josh wants a boy and honestly, so do I for our first. My mom thinks it is a girl. :)
What I miss? Energy. And Margaritas. I was craving one so bad the other day I almost made virgin ones.
Symptoms: I feel like the nausea and exhaustion are even worse this week. I am physically dry heaving now around dinner time and I have to force myself to eat something. *gag* I've also started getting these fun little headaches. And my allergies have been SO much worse. I don't know if that's related but it sucks.
What I’m looking forward to? 2nd tri energy.  I am so so tired. {ditto from last week}
Weekly Wisdom:  Uhm don't annoy a pregnant woman? Things that should have just rolled off my shoulders have made me so angry lately...
Milestones: We told Josh's parents this week and his dad was so happy for us. He made fun of us a little because we just can't seem to make it til the first trimester without blabbing!
Emotions:  I've been less of a crying mess and more of a homicidal rage kinda girl these days. Like I said above, things that just shouldn't bother me that much get under my skin so bad! And the one person who I really cannot stand on a good day has been making me want to slap a hoe. Ahem.

Here is a fun collage of weeks 7,8 and 9. I think the difference in the shape of my tummy in week 9 is pretty obvious. Maybe that's just wishful thinkin' though

No comments:

Post a Comment