Friday, October 7, 2011

REWIND!

I just got back from our first amazing pre-natal appointment. I am seeing a new obgyn and she is just awesome. My 1/2 hour appointment became almost an hour and 15 minutes because she was just talking to me and telling me everything I needed to know.

Because of my early loss back in late July/early August there was some confusion as to when I actually conceived. She told me I could either be way farther along than I thought or not as far. She did a pelvic exam and told me my uterus did not feel as progressed as 9 weeks (which is what I assumed based on my first day of bleeding in August.) She decided to do the transvaginal u/s just to try to date the pregnancy more accurately.

Josh was standing right there next to her when she first found the baby. She explained all the different parts and what we were seeing which was SO cool! Then we saw the most amazing thing I have ever experienced in my life: a tiny fluttering heartbeat. Josh and I just locked eyes and he had the biggest smile on his face. I had tears in my eyes and it was honestly magic. While I was laying down, the picture was actually kind of fuzzy, but I sat up to see the ultrasound screen better and she was able to show us (and capture!) a pretty detailed little picture. We could see the shape of a head and little arm and leg stumps, and the head to rump measurement put me around 7 weeks 3 days.

So...REWIND! I thought I was 9 weeks, but I just went back in time almost 2 weeks. She told me not to worry, as my LMP was strange I probably just conceived later than I thought but that everything looked perfect. I got my first positive pregnancy test on September 6, 2011 and that would mean I was 8 days past conception. So once again, I know my body. I was barely 3 weeks pregnant when I took that test. I have another appointment at 10 weeks (so October 27th) to hear the heartbeat. I am feeling so calm and blessed right now.

Ever since the appointment, I have been referring to the baby as "he." I don't know why, it just feels right. I'm sure if it is a girl she will one day be mortified that we called her a he for awhile there. :) Here is our PERFECT little miracle of a jellybean:

No comments:

Post a Comment